Multi-Platform Data Protection
10 Steps to Managing Data Protection While Migrating to Open
Bereitgestellt von: BakBone Software GmbH / BakBone
Multiplattform-Umgebungen aufrechterhalten ohne Daten zu verlieren.
Ten Steps to better Multi-Platform Data Protection
Companies looking to implement a data protection solution that works seamlessly across multiple platforms should consider the following guidelines:
- Make sure that data protection is not looked at as an afterthought. While protecting long-existing platforms may seem like a well-oiled routine, Linux migrations can create new sets of challenges when it comes to protecting data. So do not deploy Linux first and then debate backup options later.
- Don’t make the assumption that your existing backup and recovery products will work seamlessly in Linux environments. Also, running Linux as a backup client may prove problematic when dealing with data-intensive applications.
- Look beyond IT when considering Linux migrations; look across your entire environment to determine whether Linux is a viable solution for remote sites as well as the datacenter.
- Be sure your data protection solution supports your particular "flavor" of Linux. It is not a given that all global Linux distributions have widespread support.
- Make sure your organization possesses the proper skill set to manage a Linux migration as well as support ongoing data protection requirements. Centralized administration that treats all data equal and does not require unique expertise is optimal.
- Understand that true data protection is more than just backup and recovery. Be sure to take into consideration advanced functionality, including replication, snapshots, reporting, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Byte-level, real-time replication provides more granular protection while easing Linux server migrations.
- Choose data protection solutions that are file-system independent so they’ll work seamlessly across all platforms.
- Centralized management with a single point of control is essential for ensuring operational efficiencies while boosting staff productivity.
- Focus on best-of-class data protection solutions that scale sufficiently to meet both current and emerging business requirements.
Dieser Download wird Ihnen von Dritten (z.B. vom Hersteller) oder von unserer Redaktion kostenlos zur Verfügung gestellt. Bei Problemen mit dem Öffnen des Whitepapers deaktivieren Sie bitte den Popup-Blocker für diese Website. Sollten Sie weitere Hilfe benötigen, wenden Sie sich bitte an email@example.com.
Publiziert: 22.09.08 | BakBone Software GmbH / BakBone